When the weather is hot like it is now I crave light but delicious food. This salad fits the bill. Perfect as a side to a summer BBQ or piled onto a burger, it’s just delicious.No only does this dressing taste great in this slaw (if I do say so myself), it tastes great tossed in with a simple green salad or used as a dip for crudites. If you’ve never had miso, or only know it as a soup, then you need to try this.
White miso is a little bit trickier to get your hands on than brown miso but trust me, it’s worth every effort. I actually buy mine off amazon (in bulk!) which saves some time and effort.
Miso Ginger Slaw
½ small head Red Cabbage
½ small head White Cabbage
2 large Carrots
3 tablespoons White Miso
3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon freshly grated Ginger
1 Garlic clove, crushed
Few drops of Sesame Oil
½ teaspoon of Black Pepper
½ tablespoon Sesame Seeds, to garnish
- Slice the cabbage and carrots into very thin slices. You can use a food processor for this stage but I personally prefer a crunchier texture so stick with slicing by hand.
- Place all the vegetables in a bowl and get on with the salad dressing.
- In a separate bowl add in all of the dressing ingredients and stir together until smooth. Taste and season to your own preference.
- Toss the dressing in on top of the vegetables and get your hands it there and mix it around until all the vegetables are coated.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
Serve and enjoy! x