This my friends is going to transform every smoothie, porridge and yoghurt bowl you have from here on out. Combining chocolate, nut butter and oats can only end in a glorious flavour sensation right?
Although I say this is a granola I think of it more as a breakfast sprinkle. It’s calorically dense so I wouldn’t recommend eating a whole bowl of it, but that’s just my opinion! It’s pretty easy to get your hands on almond butter these days but if you can’t find it this would be equally as good using any other nuts or nut butter.
Salted Chocolate Almond Granola
2 cups of Oats
2 Tablespoons of Cocoa Powder (I use Green and Black’s)
½ teaspoon Sea Salt Flakes
½ cup Almonds, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons of Almond Butter
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
¼ cup Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Optional: 2 tablespoon of Cacao Nibs
- Preheat oven to 160℃
- Mix the oats, cocoa, sea salt and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
- Place almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup into a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir until everything is melted and combined.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add in the vanilla extract, stirring though.
- Now pour the liquid mixture over the bowl of dry ingredients, mix together until all of the nuts and oats are covered in the delicious nut butter mixture.
- Place on a baking tray, spreading in an even layer, and pop into the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes take the granola out, give it a stir and then pop it back in for the final 15 minutes.
- When the granola is done remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- One cool stir though the optional cacao nibs or any other additions you like!
Store in an airtight container for up to a week, if it last that long!