Bliss balls are probably one of my favourite on-the-go snacks. Sweet and chewy with a salty edge, is there anything more satisfying? I find them perfect for when I just need a little somethin’ sweet , which is me ALL the time FYI. Though chocolate orange is still one of my ultimate favourite flavours this orange and cardamom combo is strong contender.
Orange and Cardamom Bliss Balls (Makes 10)
½ Cup Almonds
½ Cup Walnuts
½ Cup Medjool Dates
Zest of ½ an Orange
5 Cardamom Pods
¼ teaspoon of Salt
- Remove the seeds from the cardamom pods and place them in a pestle and mortar or coffee/spice grinder until they form a powder
- Add the almonds and walnuts to the bowl of a food processor and blitz until they are rough powder, make sure you leave a bit of texture.
- Now add in the dates, orange zest, ground cardamom and salt.
- Blitz until everything is combined
- Remove the mixture and roll into bite size balls, as equal in size as you can.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. As always if you make them do leave a comment or tag me on social media @nourishandlfow