These sweet and spicy sweetcorn fritters are one of my staples. I love my sweet breakfasts (hello overnight oats) but these savoury pancakes make a welcome addition to the brunch table. They can be whipped up in minutes making them perfect for when I’m in need of something delicious but running short on time. Double up the recipe and you have lunch for tomorrow!
Sweetcorn Fritters (Serves 2)
1 Cup Sweetcorn
1 large Egg
½ teaspoon of fresh red chilli
1 spring Onion
2 tablespoons of Fresh Coriander
¼ cup Flour
¼ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- Hold aside ⅓ cup of sweetcorn.
- Roughly chop the chilli, spring onion and coriander and place in a blender with ⅔ cup of sweetcorn, egg, flour, salt and baking powder.Blend until you have a thick smooth batter.
- Stir in the remaining sweetcorn you set aside
- Place a small amount of oil in a frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- Add small amounts of batter (about 2 tablespoons per fritter, but make them bigger if you want) to the pan to make your fritter.
- Once golden on one side, about 3-4 minutes, flip and cook for about 2 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with a poached egg on top, delicious!!