So I originally called this fudge but then realised it has no resemblance to fudge, other than it’s cut into squares and is incredibly moreish. So, for now, I shall call it a slice. The name aside it’s a pretty tasty sweet treat that’s a little too easy to eat, if that’s even a thing.
I rustled this up the other night and it went down a treat. Like everything I make it’s super easy and only has a few ingredients.This may not have butter or sugar in it but like all sweet treats it’s there to be enjoyed in moderation.
I added in the cashew butter for some extra creaminess, and boy does it deliver.
Lemon, Lime and Coconut Slice
1 200g clock of Creamed Coconut
3 tablespoons of Cashew Butter
2 tablespoons of Agave Syrup (Honey would also work well)
2 Lemons, juiced
1 Lime, juiced
Pinch of salt
Optional toppings: Lime zest and dessicated coconut
- Roughly chop the creamed coconut into pieces, the smaller the better.
- Add this to a saucepan and place over a VERY low heat
- Stir continuously until the coconut has all melted down, it should take about 5 minutes but this will depend on your individual hob.
- Once melted add in the cashew butter, agave, lemon juice lime juice and salt.
- Stir until everything is combined and remove from the heat.
- Spoon into a silicone loaf tin or a regular tin lined with baking parchment and spread it around to fill the tin and make it nice and smooth on top.
- If your going for additional toppings now’s the time to add them. I like to sprinkle it with dessicated coconut and lime zest to make it pretty.
- Place the tin in the fridge for about 2 -3 hours until the mixture is solid and can hold it’s shape.
- Once ready remove from the tin and cut into squares. I make 12 pieces as it is incredibly rich.
You can keep this in the fridge for up to a week, though mine has never lasted that long. You can also store this in the freezer for a standby sweet treat, perfect.
I hope you try it and love it as much as me!